When asked to bring a “no soda” punch to school for a party, I said “Okay” and then heard crickets in my head as I tried to access “punch”. I was overwhelmed by the fruit juice combo choices & wondered why I don’t just go buy a big ol’ jug-a-something. I decided to embrace my good fortune of time and cash, & to bring something “special”, a.k.a. shopped and stirred by me. Ridiculous, I know. HOWEVER, I found out that I am NOT the only one out there who hears crickets when thinking “punch”. Here’s the recipe that the kids sucked down and grown folks asked for after the party. I don’t get it, but thought I’d share. Doubling this makes three gallons – the kids drank 2+. Keep it iced. Thanks Sal at AllRecipes.com.
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/3 cups cranberry juice
- 1 tray ice cubes
- Prepare the lemonade and orange as directed on cans.
- Combine orange juice, lemonade, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice in a large mixing bowl or pitcher. Chill well. Immediately before serving add ice cubes.